Dordogne is certainly one of the most picturesque regions of France. Wherever you look, you will see medieval castles, listed gardens, postcard-like villages, walnut farms, goose farms or truffle farms…The region is the perfect illustration of the French paradox, the concept linking a diet of red wine and duck fat to a long and healthy life ! Our Dordogne tours focus on the south of the region, around the medieval town of Sarlat, the Prehistory site of Les Eyzies and around the lovely city of Bergerac as well as an incursion to neighboring département of Lot, to explore the city of Cahors area, for great Malbec wines, painted caves and scenic villages such as Rocamadour or Saint Cirq Lapopie.
Angels favorites in Dordogne
Anne Claire loves the strikingly beautiful medieval villages and foie gras ! Fanny loves a live jazz concert outdoor, in a listed garden, swimming in a river stream and breathtaking prehistory art on the caves walls.
When to visit
April to June and September to October.
• Duck ! Magret, foie gras, Rillons…
• French saffron
• Potatoes « à la sarladaise » with garlic, parsley…And duck fat of course !
• Walnuts from Périgord
• Malbec from Cahors
• Bergerac wines, Monbazillac and Pécharmant
• Local liqueurs
• Traditional boat
• Kayak on Dordogne
• Swim !
• Walk !
• Private chauffeured Mercedes
• Lovely medieval Sarlat
• Labeled villages
• Medieval chateaux along Dordogne river
• Prehistory sites
• Farmers markets
• A candlelit evening in enchanting box tree garden
• Visit a cave with a pre history lover and specialist
• Meet a foie gras producer at his farm
• A winter truffle feast prepared by Michelin chef
• At an impressive historic château hotel near Cahors
• At Relais & Château boutique hotel covered in ivy near Bergerac, in a building that used to be a tobacco farm
• In a suite in a renovated river mill
• In an imposing historic château - hotel overlooking the river