When mentioning Burgundy in front of a food and wine lover, it is highly likely that you will see his eyes twinkle with emotion! With its unique areas of vineyards, called the Climats, listed as UNESCO World Heritage sites since 2015, Burgundy region offers a fantastic immersion in one of the most beautiful regions in the French countryside ; its landscapes, food, and wines are simply breathtaking. While in Burgundy, you will explore the heart of this wine region : Côte de Nuits, nicknamed the Champs-Elysées de la Bourgogne, where Pinot noir reigns, with wine villages such as Gevrey-Chambertin, Vosne-Romanée, Nuits-Saint-Georges, Vougeot… and Côte de Beaune where Montrachet, Pommard and Meursault are to be found. You will also drive to Chablis, a Chardonnay lovers paradise and yet to be discovered Côte Chalonnaise or Auxerrois. La Cuisine Bourguignonne is everywhere, at the winemakers table d’hôtes, in trendy gastro bistros, in traditional auberges and restyled by the top chefs !
Angels favorites in Burgundy
Anne Claire loves eating Œufs Meurettes everytime she gets a chance, the beautiful large Burgundian houses that you find in the countryside and the iron gates to the most prestigious Clos. Fanny loves sitting by a roaring open fire in a cosy 5 stars hotel in medieval Beaune after a full day of wine touring and the wonderful quaint Michelin plaques along the route des vins. Oh and Bœuf Bourguignon as well.
When to visit
Mid season April to June or September to October.
• Bœuf bourguignon at winemaker’s guest table
• Dijon mustard with truffle while food touring Dijon
• Aniseed candies in Flavigny-sur-Ozerain
• Epoisses cheese at Cheesemonger’s cellar boutique in Beaune
• Roasted pigeon breasts with a glass of Aloxe-Corton at Michelin restaurant
• Pinot Noir and Chardonnay
• Gamay and Aligoté
• Gevrey-Chambertin, Morey – Saint-Denis, Chambolle-Musigny, Vougeot, Vosne-Romanée, Nuits-Saint-Georges
• Aloxe-Corton, Chassagne-Montrachet, Pommard, Santenay, Meursault, Volnay
• Mercedes with private chauffeur
• Electric bicycle
• Hot air balloon
• Barge on Burgundy canal
• Horse-cart in Nuits-Saint-Georges vineyards
• Dijon, the former fiefdom of the dukes of Burgundy
• Famous Hospices de Beaune where the world-famous wine auction takes place every November
• Château du Clos de Vougeot
• Côte Chalonnaise and Mâconnais
• Vezelay and Auxerrois
• Hunt truffle with Michelin chef
• 4x4 ride in emblematic vineyards of Côte de Beaune
• Have lunch inside a barrel !
• Live the life of a chef at luxury family auberge
• In a Historic 5 stars hotel in Beaune
• In a winemaking château in Côte de Beaune
• In a former abbey or listed chateau
• In charming boutique hotel overlooking the vineyards