Charming landscapes, typical villages with golden stones houses, a winding wine route through hilly vineyards… Be prepared to discover an endearing region, that goes well beyond world known Beaujolais nouveau… Some even call it the little Tuscany ! You will explore Beaujolais from Pierres Dorées area to Northern Cru area, on the edge of Burgundy.You will get acquainted with Gamay and how the grape expresses itself in the different terroirs. As for the food, the word you will certainly hear the most is « mâchon » : a light (so to speak!) snack of local charcuterie, cheese, rustic bread…with Beaujolais wine of course, for a convivial note ! But Beaujolais also offers a lot of traditional Auberges and gourmet dining as well.
Angels favorites in Beaujolais
Anne-Claire loves the untouched charm of Beaujolais landscape and Fanny loves the incredible tiny mechanical pianos museum in golden stones village of Oingt, tasting older vintages of Beaujolais crus and ordering a Coq au Vin de Fleurie in cosy Auberge in Villié-Morgon.
When to visit
mid season April to June or September to October
• A wine picnic on Mont Brouilly, prepared by Beaujolais chef!
• A tasting menu by a huge medieval fireplace
• Crispy Andouillette in a traditional Auberge
• Gamay ,Pinot Noir
• Brouilly, Chénas, Chiroubles, Fleurie, Juliénas, Morgon, Moulin-à-Vent, Régnié, Saint-Amour…
• In a chauffeured Mercedes
• In a luxury vintage Bentley
• In a cheeky 2 Chevaux Citroen
• In a Horsecart
• Climb Solutré rock
• « Pierres Dorées » villages
• See the real Moulin à Vent !
• The cloister in Salles-Arbuissonas
• Beaujeu, capital of Beaujolais
• Visit an oil mill and a cheese farm !
• Cru village of Saint-Amour and its charming streets with red hearts hanging every where !
• Listen to Jazz in a wine château or join a marathon
• In a medieval château overlooking a cherry orchard in bloom with state of the art spa
• In a trendy family Auberge, with a minimalist designed swimming pool