We like to think of Provence as a colour palette : Purple of the lavender fields of Luberon, the plumpy aubergines or some evening skies painted by Cezanne, Green of the olive trees, almost silvery, of the rosemary and oaks forests, Black of the herd of bulls in Wild park of Camargue, the freshly-caught urchins and truffle, the endless Blue of the Mediterranean sea and of the iris Van Gogh painted in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence and the blinding White of Alpilles stones or Marseille basilica. Hilly Luberon and Alpilles, wild Camargue, Opulent Aix-en-Provence and bigger than life Marseille, our Provence tours star all of them, you can choose to combine them altogether or rather focus on one area. Whatever you decide, this sensory explosion of unique colours, sounds, smells will be complimented by the most luxurious countryside accommodation, think Château Provençal or over-the-top wine resort, and by delicious local wine, rosé but also red and white!
Angels favorites in Provence
Anne-Claire loves the beautiful light at the end of a summer day, a glass of Pastis in the port of Cassis and the famous ratatouille ! Fanny loves the busy streets of Aix-en-Provence at night, Marseille’s « cabanons » in hidden calanques overlooking the flickering Mediterranean sea and untouched and wild regional park of Camargues near the ancient Roman town of Arles.
When to visit
All year long! Summer months are busier.
• A luxurious barbecue in exclusive wine resort
• A Michelin lunch of Vegetables from the chef’s garden
• A gluten-free gourmet feast
• A bouillabaisse in Marseille, old-school or restyled !
• Baux-de-provence, Côteaux d’Aix-en-Provence, Palette, Cassis and Bandol wines
• Grenache, Cinsault, Carignan, Mourvedre, Syrah…Ugni blanc, Rolle, Grenache Blanc…
• Olive oil
• Private chauffeured Mercedes
• Sail in a private boat
• Explore Les Alpilles, land of rocks, vines and olive trees and unique art show in a former quary
• See the lavender fields in Lubéron
• Follow painter’s Cezanne trail around Aix-en-Provence and Van Gogh’s painting spots in Camargue
• Go truffle hunting and adopt an oak tree
• Visit a family-run Pastis factory
• Cook in a famous restaurant with a Michelin brigade or at the lovely farm of a private chef
• A classical concert with VIP seats
• Spend the night a a family château, owned by an art foundation patron, surrounded by works of art
• Palace night with a private pool
• In a boutique hotel hidden in historic city center