Our Loire valley experiences follow the gentle curve of river Loire, from the Princes and horses town of Saumur in the west, to the city of Blois and wine area Sancerre further east. When hearing the world Loire, you will probably picture in your mind France’s most famous renaissance chateaux and gardens, such as Chambord or Chaumont-sur-Loire ; Outstanding architectural achievements, they’re an absolute delight for the history lovers but also for every curious traveler. But Loire is also the occasion to reconnect with nature and time. You will sail on the river, in a traditional wooden boat, watch the wildlife as you disembark on one of the many islands and enjoy a glass of wine with cheese in the setting sun. You will ride your bicycle in front of the most prestigious chateaux and quiet villages. Gourmets will sample their way through farmers markets and will learn how to make french bread in an 18th century farmhouse and will discover how Loire iconic grape Chenin express itself through different appelations.
Angels favorites in Loire Valley
Anne-Claire loves traveling back in time of the kings and queens of France and a nice apéritif sailing down river Loire. Fanny loves visiting Cheverny Château that inspired the home of her favorite childhood character Tintin and visiting Léonardo Da Vinci last home in Amboise.
When to visit
April to October.
• Traditional « poire tapée » paired with sparkling wine in a historic Vouvray cellar
• Local Goat’s cheese and duck rilliettes pie during a river picnic on an island
• A poetic Michelin menu created by a french-japanese team
• Chenin Blanc, Sauvignon blanc and also Chardonnay, Romorantin,Sauvignon gris...
• Cabernet Franc, Gamay and Pinot Noir, and also Grolleau and Cabernet Sauvignon...
• Savennières, Saumur, Chinon, Vouvray, Sancerre...
• Private chauffeured Mercedes
• Traditional boat
• Hot air balloon
• Horse cart ride
• The extraordinary Plantagenet graves in Fontevreau abbey, where King Henry II and Eleanor of Aquitaine rest
• Royal Towns of Amboise and Blois
• Chateaux...And more chateaux !
• Pick berries and prepare your own french confiture
• Follow our Wine Count trail in Sancerre
• Poetry reading in the vineyards
• Private candle lit dinner in a troglodyte dining room
• In your private château overlooking the river
• In luxury hotel on Château de Chambord grounds
• Sleep in an abbey or in a troglodyte bedroom!
• In the former hunting lodge of a king