Corsica is located in the Mediterranean Sea, just above Sardinia. This paradise island is a unique blend of various landscapes : rocky coastlines and sandy coves, azure sea and high mountains covered by fragrant maquis. Like all islanders, Corsicans have a strong culture, that they express through their unique lifestyle, food and music and a strong respect for their traditions and their environment. Corsica is the ideal place for slow travel, to take the time to embrace this wild, untouched nature all around you, during gentle walks to secret coves and relaxing swims, to sample localy sourced delicacies and taste wines at hidden gems in the mountains.
Angels favorites in Corsica
Anne-Claire loves to dive from the rocks into the glittering Mediterranean Sea, away from the crowds, and Fanny loves a hike through the « maquis », smelling its heady bouquet of myrtle, thyme, rosemary and sage and seeing cows grazing by the sea.
When to visit
April to October.
• Local charcuterie and cheese for a beach picnic
• Grilled catch of the day in an unpretentious beach
• Food and wine pairing dinner in a luxury grotto
• Local cheesecake Fiadone
• Italian favorites, pasta and pizza, widely available around the island
• Niellucciu, Sciaccarellu, Vermentinu, but also Biancu Gentile, Codivarta and Genovese, Aleaticu, Minustellu and Carcaghjolu Neru
• Vins de Corse, Patrimonio, Ajaccio, Corse Porto-Vecchio, Corse Figari, Corse Sartene, Corse Calvi, Corse Coteaux du Cap Corse
• Muscat du Cap Corse
• In a fishing boat in the open seas
• A horse in the mountains or by the sea
• Paddle along the shore
• The wild beauty of Cap Corse, in the north, its quietness and simplicity
• Corsican street art in Bastia, the cliffs in Bonifaccio and Napoleon museum in Ajaccio
• Traditional town of Sartene
• Sail around islands
• Go fishing in the sea
• Learn Corsican cuisine with your private chef !
• Enjoy a botanical or archeological walk with specialist
• In a luxury village tucked away between the mountains and the mediterranean seas
• In renovated stone house with private beach
• In a private villa in the maquis behind a fishing port