Authentic is a word created for Alsace ! One of the oldest wine routes in France, it is famous for its superb, aromatic white wines and its star grapes : Riesling, Gewurtzraminer and Pinot Gris. While exploring Alsace, you will see the picturesque landmarks of a unique history and lifestyle : half-timbered houses are everywhere, in Strasbourg listed quartier of « La Petite France » as well as in colourful postcard-like villages of Obernai, Ribeauvillé, Riquewihr, not to forget the town of Colmar, Alsace’s little Venice, with its charming river canals. Impressive castles and abbeys from medieval times stand proudly throughout the region, overlooking various landscapes : pine forests, Vosges mountains, plains…Alsace's unique personality expresses itself in the kitchen as well, with the emblematic choucroute and lighter than air Flammekueche !
Angels favorites in Alsace
Anne Claire loves the amazingly charming villages and the local Christmas baubles, tinsels and decorations and biting into a sweet Mannele ! Fanny loves walking or riding a bicycle in Strasbourg’s Petite France, looking at all the funny street names, and popping in a gingerbread shop. And of course, both of them love the littel angels you find everywhere in Alsace !
When to visit
mid season April to June or September to October
If planning early enough : November and December for special, unrivaled Christmas atmosphere !
• A bretzel and a glass of Crémant in the vineyards with winemaker
• Handmade Pain d’épice in Strasbourg
• Award-winning Kougelhopf in colourful village
• Housemade choucroute in a cosy winstub
• Tartes flambées with Munster cheese
• Riesling, Pinot Blanc, Sylvaner, Muscat, Pinot gris, Gewurztraminer
• Pinot noir
• Crémant, Crémant rosé
• Your electric assisted bicycle along the route des vins
• Mercedes with private chauffeur
• Electric Cart in cru vineyards
• A boat on Colmar’s canals
• Château du Haut – Koenigsbourg
• The little Venice of Alsace : Colmar
• Charming historic Petite France area in Strasbourg
• Christmas markets everywhere !
• Deep breathe with chinese relaxation in the vineyards
• Enjoy Michelin breakfast in a rowing boat on Ill river
• Spa treatments with precious gems-based cosmetics
• Brew your own Alsace beer !
• In the family house of a famous crystal manufacturer on the edge of a forest
• In 5 stars hotel spaning Ill river
• In 17th century townhouse decorated with over one hundred masks carved in the facade